Children and Youth Network
This peer-learning platform for philanthropic organisations aims to foster collaboration and advance meaningful youth participation in philanthropy. It offers exchange opportunities for members to be inspired by the work of other funders, giving access to practical toolkits and providing support on the implementation of practices and policies enabling youth participation.
A society that fully realises the rights of children and youth, with an enhanced role of philanthropy in fostering intergenerational dialogue.
- Children and youth participation
- Possible topics in future: Educational poverty, early childhood, urban landscape
- Knowledge & practice sharing through peer-learning via online and in-person exchanges throughout the year.
- Increasing visibility and influence by raising child and youth voices across the European philanthropic field, leveraging the multiplier dimension of national-level philanthropic infrastructure organisations.
- Networking and stakeholder engagement with a wide range of professionals and philanthropic practitioners, and nurturing relations with relevant stakeholders in the field.
How to engage
Join the Steering Committee
This core group of members collaboratively shapes and implements the work plan, making sure that ambitions and resources align. Two Steering Committee members co-chair on a rotating basis of two years, acting as a reference point for the Philea Secretariat.
Criteria to join:
- Full Philea membership
- An interest or expertise in children and youth
- Commitment to contribute human and financial resources
Join the Community
All Philea members can join the network and:
- Get updates & info on network activities
- Participate in activities and events
- In some cases, add their voice to the work plan for the network
- Share their knowledge and experiences
- Give feedback on activities organised by the Steering Committee
- Reinforce the connection with their peers
- Upon request of the Steering Committee: Act as and/or suggest speakers for events, provide briefings on ad hoc topics and participate in Steering Committee meetings
Participate in network activities
All Philea members, including Associate Members, can:
- Participate in the network’s events and meetings
- Interact and engage with other network members
- Provide feedback on the organised activities
- Participate in some activities (such as the peer-learning programme), including as speakers
Participation by non-Philea members is assessed on a case-by-case basis.