Become a Member
Become a member of Philea to join a diverse and inclusive ecosystem of foundations, philanthropic organisations, and philanthropy infrastructure organisations that work for the common good. We support our members through bold, effective and innovative action, inspiring and connecting them as they seek to improve life for people and communities in Europe and around the world.
Full membership is open to Foundations and Philanthropic Organisations meeting the following requirements:
- Having a legal personality and being duly constituted in accordance with the laws and practices of its country of origin;
- Using private resources for public good as their main activity;
- Being primarily funded from an assured source of income, deployed strategically;
- Being independently governed vis-à-vis the relevant public authorities or the private corporation to which it is linked/by which it is controlled;
- Being purposefully structured and organised over the long term, and bound by structures of accountability, public benefit and public reporting, and legal requirements.
- Operating in at least one of the member States of the Council of Europe, through a registered office, or through grant-making, knowledge exchange, operating programmes or establishing/operating partnerships
Philea is a membership driven and funded association, and we rely on our Members’ contributions to provide the services which we trust our Members value.
Membership fees are calculated according to criteria designed and approved by our Members, with different systems reflecting the diversity of our membership.
|Total Annual Expenditure||Annual Full Membership fee|
|€50,000 – €2,000,000||€3,000 / year|
|€2,000,001 – €5,000,000||€5,000 / year|
|€5,000,001 – €30,000,000 and above||€7,000 / year|
For more information on Full Membership for Philanthropy Infrastructure Organisations, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
The annual fee for Associate Membership depends on the type of organisation, following the scheme below:
|Type of Organisation||Annual Associate Membership fee|
|NGO/Association||€2,000 / year|
|University/Research Institute/Think Tank/ Multilateral – International Organisation||€2,500 / year|
|Philanthropy Consultancy/Advisors||€7,000 / year|