We are now well into the 10-year countdown to slow the warming of our planet. In this decisive decade, actions taken by markets, governments and citizens will determine liveability on our planet for the next century.
With this in mind, Philea aims to surface synergies on the topic of climate across all of its areas of work. Philanthropy has a key role to play in finding and supporting solutions – and there are solutions – to this threat. The climate emergency touches on virtually every area that philanthropy works in, with health, migration, poverty, and sustainability as just a few examples. By viewing Philea’s work through a climate lens, we hope to empower philanthropy to make a real difference in this crisis.
We also pay attention to how the climate emergency interacts with Philea’s other 2 cross-cutting focus areas: democracy and equality.
- PCC foundations: health & climate and public engagement
- PCC philanthropy infrastructure: National Associations climate peer exchange and Climate Philanthropy Networks peer exchange
- European Environmental Funders Group
- European Foundations for Sustainable Agriculture and Food
- Funders’ Forum on Sustainable Cities
- Imagination, Regeneration, and Foresight Community of Practice
- Philanthropy Coalition for Climate
- Future Now Lab