EFC Disability Thematic Network webinar – Leveraging the disability-related SDGs in your grantmaking
The EFC’s Disability Thematic Network is hosting a webinar on “Leveraging the disability-related SDGs in your grantmaking”, in support of the Disability Hub Europe project, from 14:00-15:00 CEST on the 26 June.
The webinar will be the first in a series of webinars, and will feature representatives from private funders who are already employing, or are looking to integrate, a disability-inclusive perspective across their work.
The overall objective of the webinar is to enhance funders’ knowledge on the Agenda 2030, and inform them how to leverage the Sustainable Development Goals in their work. More specifically, the webinar will aim to enhance the attendees’ knowledge and understanding of the following issues:
- How the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development includes persons with disabilities and has thus opened doors for their participation and recognition as active contributing members of society
- The importance of using the United Nations Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities (CRPD) as a guiding framework for implementing the SDGs in order to realise the full inclusion and empowerment of persons with disabilities
- How funders can contribute to the achievement of the SDGs
- More practically, how funders are already aligning their work to the disability-related SDGs
The webinar, moderated by the Dhub Technical Secretariat will feature four guest speakers:
- Chris Cardona, Program Officer, Ford Foundation
- Sally Faiz, Head of Philanthropic Programmes, UBS Optimus Foundation
- Andrew Griffiths, Head of Advocacy, Sightsavers
- Diana Samarasan, Founding Executive Director, Disability Rights Fund
The speakers will discuss the policy framework and give concrete examples of how this framework can be used as leverage in the work and grantmaking of philanthropic organisations.
For more information contact Sevda Kilicalp.