Conference on the Future of Europe – how can foundations and the philanthropy sector engage?
Taking place in parallel with the Conference on the Future of Europe (#CoFoE), the EFC and Dafne will host a webinar on 15 June to explore how foundations and the philanthropy sector can engage with the conference and what it means to the sector.
Our webinar aims to stimulate more engagement around the #CoFoE among our members and the wider philanthropy and foundation sector, its objectives and entry points for philanthropic organisations/foundations, as well as to highlight ongoing activities of the sector in the context of the Conference.
Philanthropy and foundations are at the forefront in developing responses to societal challenges and advancing the public good in Europe. Its expertise and views should feed into the thinking about the Future of Europe. The webinar will highlight the objectives and process of the Conference and offer insights into how the sector can engage via the conference structure and the EESC and beyond for example via the civil society-led Civil Society Convention.
- Christa Schweng – President of the EESC and observer to the Executive Board of the CoFEU
- Gaëtane Ricard-Nihoul – Deputy Head of Unit, DG Communication, Citizens’ Dialogues Unit, European Commission
- Alexandrina Najmowicz – Secretary-General of the European Civic Forum and co-chair of the Civil Society Convention
- Andre Wilkens – Executive Director of the European Cultural Foundation
- Dominik Hierlemann – Senior Expert at the Bertelsmann Stiftung
- Hanna Surmatz – EFC & Dafne Philanthropy Advocacy – Moderator
- Delphine Moralis – CEO EFC & Max von Abendroth – Executive Director Dafne – Opening remarks
About the Conference on the Future of Europe
The Conference on the Future of Europe is a proposal of the European Commission and the European Parliament, announced in the end of 2019, with the aim of looking at the medium to long term future of the EU and what reforms should be made to its policies and institutions.