Debate in the European Parliament | Tuesday, 1st October 2019 / 17.00 – 19.00h | “Single Market for Philanthropy Helping unlock the potential for public good across Europe”
This event is hosted by Vice-President Nicola Beer, MEP and aims to introduce the debate about the potential of philanthropy for the public good to MEPs and key stakeholders. Confirmed speakers include:
Philanthropy – some snapshots
• Laurent Thieule, Project FC Kraainem, Belgium
• Stefania Coni, Fondazione CRT, Italy
• Sven Giegold MEP, Greens, Germany
• Kerstin Jorna, Deputy Director General DG ECFIN, European Commission
• Ludwig Forrest, King Baudouin Foundation
• Eva Kaili MEP, S&D, Greece
• Dr. Sergey Lagodinsky MEP, Greens, Germany
• Ionut Sibian, Member of the EESC, Romania
• Felix Oldenburg, CEO German Association of Foundations
• Felix Fernández-Shaw, Director DG DEVCO, European Commission
• Paul Nemitz, Principle Advisor DG Justice, European Commission
The event will kick off with a couple of philanthropy case-studies to illustrate the diversity and important complementary role of philanthropy, which is a tool for citizens to engage to contribute to the public good in Europe, and then have short keynote speeches looking at the topic from different perspectives, followed by some commentators.
Should you wish to attend, please contact the PA secretariat: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com or register here.