Journalism Funders Forum
This network is an open community of European funders working together to ensure a more effective and impactful funding of journalism in Europe
- Improve learning and knowledge about journalism funding across Europe
- Increase the number, diversity and connections of journalism funders in Europe
- Help to build a more effective, transparent and equitable funding environment for journalism in Europe
- Publishing a regular newsletter, which explores key and emerging trends in journalism funding and public interest journalism in Europe
- Organising online and in-person events for funders, including expert briefings, deep thematic dives, and joint sessions with other funder networks
- Conducting research and creating resources on the field of journalism funding in Europe on the JFF website
For its startup period, the JFF also received funding from the News Integrity Initiative.
Relationship with the SDGs
Understanding European philanthropy, and how its work relates to the Sustainable Development Goals, is essential when it comes to finding ways of leveraging existing and potential areas of synergy.
The work of Philea’s Thematic Networks cover the entire range of the 17 UN Sustainable Development Goals (even if they don’t always refer to them explicitly), which are a key part of the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development. The work of the Journalism Funders Forum touches upon the following SDGs: