F20 Climate Solutions Forum 2021 – Green Recovery, Sustainable Finance, Just Transition: Putting Words into Deeds
Foundations Platform F20 and Fondazione Cariplo will host this year’s (virtual) “Climate Solutions Forum”, from 29 September to 30 September in Milan together with their Italian partners Fondazione Unipolis, Fondazione di Comunità di Messina, and Fondazione Compagnia di San Paolo.
The Climate Solutions Forum is seeking to:
- initiate a discussion about the importance of the upcoming G20 summit as well as the COP26 on Climate and COP15 on Biodiversity
- share experiences and expertise to discuss an integrated approach on how to shape the transformation towards a green and just transition
- incite the G20 Heads of States to act and adopt ambitious and transformative targets for a just and green transition in line with the Paris Climate Agreement and the Sustainable Development Goals.
The event will feature four sessions:
- Revisiting the Health, Food, Biodiversity and Climate Nexus – Expectations regarding the G20, COP15 and COP26 process
- Financing the Green and Just Transition: Shifting the Trillions and Sustainable Finance
- Implementing the Green and Just Transition: The Role of Cities, Communities and Regions
- Aligning the Green and Just Transition with the Paris Climate Agreement and the UN Agenda 2030: Recommendations of Foundations Platform F20 and the G20 Engagement Groups to the G20 Summit.
Carola Carazzone, Secretary General of Assifero and Chair of Dafne, will be part of the panel opening the session on Thursday, 30 September at 10h00 on “Implementing the Green and Just Transition: The Role of Cities, Communities and Regions”.
Check out the programme here.