Civil Society Days 2022
The Civil Society Days 2022 will take place on 15-17 March, offering a chance for participants from civil society and the institutions to discuss “The EU as a driver of shared prosperity – civil society for an economy that works for people & the planet”.
Taking place at a crucial time for Europe with the COVID-19 pandemic still on-going and the Conference on the Future of Europe in its closing stages, the 2022 Civil Society Days will explore how to make Europe more resilient through a just transition that will benefit the people and the environment, and at the same time increase European prosperity. Such a transition should also defend and promote the EU’s fundamental rights and principles: democracy, human rights, social justice, solidarity and equality.
Against this backdrop, civil society members of the EESC Liaison Group, in conjunction with the EESC’s sections, will both reflect on and contribute to the CoFoE, organising seven interactive workshops to explore key topics such as:
- Upskilling opportunities for all;
- Intergenerational Dialogues among European Union Entrepreneurs;
- Volunteers for prosperity;
- Enabling environment for civil society: the case for meaningful participation;
- Building a democratic economy for just transition;
- Ecological and social market economy;
- The Future of Social Protection and the European Welfare State: the case of minimum income schemes and access to quality social services.
Philea will be co-hosting a session on the “Enabling environment for civil society: the case for meaningful participation” on 16 March.