Annual Conference on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities 2021
The Annual Conference on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities 2021 will take place online on 17-19 November exploring the “Right to Independent Living”.
The conference will provide a forum for discussion of the updates and challenges involved in the exercise of the right to independent living in the UN Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities, the relevant EU law and the European Convention of Human Rights and Fundamental Freedoms, as well as of best practice in the field.
Key areas of discussion will include:
- EU Disability Strategy 2021-2030
- EU Accessibility Act
- Rail passengers’ rights
- Human rights-compliant EU funding
- Recent CJEU case law on disability
- Recent jurisprudence of the CRPD Committee
- The right to vote of persons with disabilities