Are you part of the Next Generation in philanthropy? Apply for Philea’s Next Gen programme!
Taking place throughout the Philea Forum 2022, the Next Gen programme gives a new generation of professionals in philanthropy a unique chance to interact with leading philanthropy practitioners from Europe and around the world, and form lasting networks with their peers.
Participants learn about the state of institutional philanthropy, both in Europe and internationally; key issues and trends of the sector; and about Philea itself. The programme is designed according to the needs of each participant, and gives access to the entire conference.
What is the Next Gen programme?
The Next Generation programme aims to enable the new generation of professionals in philanthropy to learn about:
- The state of institutional philanthropy both in Europe and internationally;
- And key issues and trends of the sector.
Created in 2010, the programme furthers Philea’s commitment to advance learning and knowledge development in the sector. Since its establishment, more than 70 participants from over 40 organisations have taken part in the programme, and a couple of dozen now form part of a dynamic Next Generation Alumni group.
About Next Gen 2022
This year’s Forum will take place from 30 May to 1 June 2022 in Barcelona. Applications for the Next Gen Programme will be open to all members until 29 April. You can find more information here.
The programme is designed exclusively for Philea members who are:
- Young professionals;
- Professionals who have recently taken up a job in the philanthropic sector;
- Have not attended a previous Philea Forum or Annual Conference.
The programme will enable participants to:
- Gain insight in developments in institutional philanthropy in Europe;
- Exchange with peers about what it means to be a professional in philanthropy and which development opportunities may be available;
- Build relationships with peers and the wider Philea network
- Find out more about Philea and learn how Philea can support foundation staff with their daily work.
This year we will offer the Next Gen Programme to 10 participants, who will have the opportunity to talk and learn from representatives of some of our most experienced Members.
Your Next Gen meetings will take place in informal settings that we will organise for you. We want you to make the most of our Forum and of what the Programme Committee has developed in the past months, so these meetings will not be arranged in parallel with other sessions of the main event.
How to apply
Next Gen is for 10 newcomers to the sector – those either at the start of their professional career or those who are making a career change from other sectors.
In selecting participants, Philea will seek to ensure diversity. Participation may be limited to one representative per organisation.
Your organisation is expected to cover your registration, travel and accommodation costs. Should you require financial support, please check the scholarship tab on the conference webpage.
Download the application form
The deadline for applications is the 29th April.