Year in Review 2022
Philea came into being in 2022, the result of a recipe containing many wonderful ingredients and sweetened by dashes of creativity, a pinch of patience, and ample amounts of humility and hard work.
Hence, 2022 was a transition year, reflecting a 12-month process of close consultation with our members, partners, staff and other stakeholders on not just what kind of organisation Philea could be, but what it should be.
Towards the end of the year, we worked with our governing bodies to further consolidate and channel our activities into a clear framework for the years ahead. It marked the beginning of a 10-year vision, setting forth our longterm ambitions for philanthropy and the part we have to play to support its contribution to a pluralistic, just and resilient society that centres people and planet.
From this vision, we designed a 5-year strategic framework to focus on the value and impact members want us to deliver. Download the 2022 Year in Review and learn more about this and why we consider it vital that Philea…
- Collaborates – We see trust as the foundation of everything we do. We aim at creating and sustaining trust within our own organisation and the European philanthropy sector by being accountable to our members, our partners and European societies at large.
- Stimulates learning – We are more than the sum of our parts. We believe in the power of collaboration and collective impact. We engage with a wide range of actors, allowing us to listen, learn and act together.
- Convenes – We are open about what we do and how we work. We are eager to learn from both successes and failures, and welcome constructive criticism as an opportunity to continually improve and lead by example.
- Monitors and advocates– We see innovation as a key driver of positive social change. That is why we invest resources in foresight and horizon scanning to allow us to drive innovation.
- Anticipates – We believe that everyone should have a voice and equal opportunities. Inclusion and diversity are preconditions for our own organisation, and we will promote these values within the wider European philanthropy sector.
- Shares knowledge – We believe that everyone should have a voice and equal opportunities. Inclusion and diversity are preconditions for our own organisation, and we will promote these values within the wider European philanthropy sector.
- Tells the story – We believe that everyone should have a voice and equal opportunities. Inclusion and diversity are preconditions for our own organisation, and we will promote these values within the wider European philanthropy sector.
Core funders 2022
Philea is a membership organisation that responds to the needs of our members. Less than a third of our work is funded by membership fees, the rest is funded by generous grants from our members, which allows us to deliver our activities.
Our core donations allow us to plan longer term, think systematically, respond to emerging needs, innovate and think forward, ensuring that we continue to add value and remain relevant to the needs of our Members.
We would like to thank the following core donors from 2022 whose generous support allows us to be the strategic, resilient and agile organisation that we want to be in order to better play our role.
- “la Caixa” Foundation
- Adessium Foundation
- Bader Philanthropies, Inc.
- Calouste Gulbenkian Foundation
- Charles Stewart Mott Foundation
- Conrad N. Hilton Foundation
- European Climate Foundation
- Finnish Cultural Foundation
- Fondazione Cariplo
- Fondazione Cassa di Risparmio di Cuneo
- Fondazione Cassa di Risparmio di Padova e Rovigo
- Fondazione Compagnia di San Paolo
- Fondazione CRT
- Fritt Ord Foundation
- Fundación ONCE
- IKEA Foundation
- Jacobs Foundation
- King Baudouin Foundation
- Oak Foundation
- Riksbankens Jubileumsfond
- Stavros Niarchos Foundation
- Stiftung Mercator GmbH
- ZEIT-Stiftung Ebelin und Gerd Bucerius