BMW Foundation Herbert Quandt
The BMW Foundation Herbert Quandt was established on June 22, 1970, on the occasion of the 60th birthday of Herbert Quandt and in recognition of his services to BMW AG. Through annual donations, BMW AG in addition contributes to the payment of the foundation’s personnel and material costs. For its further development, the foundation adheres to the “Principles of Good Foundation Practice”, formulated by the Association of German Foundations.
• The BMW Foundation Herbert Quandt promotes responsible leadership and inspires leaders worldwide to work towards a peaceful, just and sustainable future. Through their activities, the Foundation aims to advance the Sustainable Development Goals of the United Nations 2030 Agenda.
• They INSPIRE leaders, through leadership programs and encounters, to take their social and political commitment to the next level – across communities, cultures and countries.
• They CONNECT leaders through their global BMW Foundation Responsible Leaders Network, a diverse, collaborative and joyful community that drives positive change through collaborative action.
• They INVEST in impactful organisations while encouraging leaders to embrace venture philanthropy and impact investing as effective tools for social change.
Geographic FocusEurope, North America, Asia, South America, North Africa & Middle East
The foundation works in the following areas:
• Social cohesion
• Responsibility in society (Responsible leadership)