WINGSForum2021 – Philanthropy and the digital revolution
WINGS, as part of the year long WINGSForum2021, will host a session on 18 February looking at “Philanthropy and the digital revolution“.
The plenary will examine the role of philanthropy in the digital transition, in mediating society’s relationship with it and in helping civil society navigate the threats and opportunities. The session will offer a space for discussion, debate and the exploration of a new future in which values and rights are central to the digital revolution.
- Zeynep Tufekci, writer and academic
- Rhodri Davies, Head of Policy, Charities Aid Foundation
- Adrian Arena, Director of International Human Rights Programme, Oak Foundation
- Zia Khan, Senior Vice President, Innovation, The Rockefeller Foundation
- Nanjira Sambuli, Technology, public policy and global governance researcher and policy analyst
- Nighat Dad, Executive Director, Digital Rights Foundation
- Moderator Frederike Kaltheuner, Fund Manager at European Artificial Intelligence Fund