STEP-UP Massive Open Online Course
The STEP-UP Massive Open Online Course platform is a bilingual, self-paced, learning training programme accessible to all, on a number of medical and social topics related to HIV/AIDS.
Created by the European Aids Treatment Group and Alliance for Public Health, it was designed to provide easy access to comprehensive knowledge, community mobilisation support, and advocacy training that will help participants upgrade activities and deliver real change.
Participants will benefit from acquiring new knowledge and explore in such areas as:
- Science of HIV/AIDS, co-infections, HIV cure and design of clinical trials
- Stigma, discrimination and criminalisation
- Harm reduction and service delivery for vulnerable groups
- Advocacy with pharmaceutical companies on treatment pricing and affordability
- HIV and mental health
- Ageing and co-morbidities
- Migration and travelling with HIV
Upon completion of the MOOC, a globally recognised certificate of training is awarded to each participant.